30 July 2013

The fruits of our labour from Landscape Project 2012

I had created a landscape design at Olds College summer 2012 and implemented the design in the late summer/early fall. I've been promising photos of the project and here they are. Just imagine the before - grass growing up to the house everywhere. The new beds are located on the south and west sides of the house. Now, I must warn you - when looked at from a certain perspective, the dry stream bed resembles a certain piece of anatomy.... ( I did not do this! I laid the garden hose out in a perfectly lovely configuration and went off to work in the library while Chris, a friend and professional landscaper, provided the labour.) Everything is blooming now. I'll post those another time.

 
West bed: Ninebark, Japanese irises, various irises, foxglove, Juniper in the dry bed, and more

 
South bed: Lilies - Asiatic, Day, Tiger lilies, Primroses, and more

 
West bed: Irises in bloom

 
South West corner leading into the dry bed

 
Our Sandy checking out the state of the flowers - probably looking for something to eat

 
The *****-shaped dry stream bed - a conversation starter if there ever was one. Bea and Jeannette saw it much more quickly that I did. It took 2 weeks for me to notice. I think I'll keep it...

2 comments:

  1. Looking great! I love the stream bed and I don't think it looks that much like...you know! Love the dog rambling through the flower bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! I love the stream bed and I don't think it looks that much like...you know! Love the dog rambling through the flower bed!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.